What a week ….

The start of the week was bank holiday, a beautiful sunny day and a perfect day to see the newly placed headstone for my dear friend, Phil. I met his sister and we paid our respects, laughed a little and once again I cried (but nothing new). Then a leisurely breakfast and catch up then home for the parents arriving and the start of more decorating.


Tuesday was ever more emotional as I said goodbye to work, my final day came and went in a flash. One minute I was arriving like it was a normal day, then 7 hours later I was being escorted from the building into a waiting limo and whisked off. What a day, it was sad to be leaving friends and colleagues but new challenges await. We had a drive around in the limo then dropped off at the Albert dock where we had a go on the carousel horses and walked up into Liverpool one for cocktails and a meal at Chaophraya. I’m not a lover of Thai food but this was delicious and I would recommend the food here.

Wednesday was a strange day, no work, no boy, and still I was awake and dressed before 8am, so I made a few essential phone calls then we got stuck into the decorating again, anyone would think we lived in a mansion, but knocking 3 rooms into one, moving the entire kitchen and deciding to decorate another room at the same time probably wasn’t the wisest move but hey ho.

Thursday was a blur, like wednesday it was a decorating, tidy, clean up day finally we feel like the kitchen is coming together and the end is in sight. The lights are all up and only a bit of flooring to finish. But Oscars room was priority, only the woodwork and ceiling was done, the wall paint was too dark.

Friday morning and I’m sitting waiting for the paint shop to open at 8.30 then home to get it on the walls, unfortunately I had arranged to meet up with ‘ex’ work colleagues for farewell drinks so I left my mum up a ladder (again) to go and party .


Saturday morning and sitting outside another shop waiting for them to open, curtains this time. Then back home to finish building the chest of drawers and wardrobe, get it all in the room and pictures, mid way through Oscar arrived home from a weeks holiday with his dad. He was tired but loved the new room.

Sunday has been a catch up day, finishing homework, getting everything together for school tomorrow and finishing off a few bits here and there. The weather has been beautiful so mum has worked hard sorting the garden (it was a building site for a while)

I’m not sure when I had time to work really, it’s been a whirlwind of a week.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s