I saw the Christmas tag as on Bookfandom1001 blog and thought I’d join in.
- When do you put our Christmas tree up ? Take it down ?
We put it all up yesterday, 4th but it can be as late as a week before, and usually take it down around the 2/3rd of January.
- What is your tree topper ?
She looks a little scary but she’s a good angel, she belonged to my nan and has celebrated more Christmas’ than I have.
- Is your tree real or synthetic ?
We have had real tree’s in the past but for the last 10 (or so) years we’ve had artificial ones as they are easier and although the initial cost is expensive, they’ve saved money in the long term.
- Favourite Christmas scent ?
I love the cinnamon spice and mince pie smells of Christmas. A warm mince pie at any time of year reminds me of Christmas.
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer ?
Dasher, Dancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Rudolph, I’ve missed one but can’t remember it !
- When did you stop believing ?
I don’t remember stopping but since becoming a parent the magic is still there.
- White or Coloured lights ?
We have white lights on most of the trees, but Oscar has coloured lights on the tree in his bedroom.
- When do you open presents ?
Christmas day morning, when everyone is awake and downstairs.
- Have you ever had a white Christmas ?
Yes, the best one was a Christmas day at my Aunties house in Yorkshire, tons of snow and a power cut. We cooked chops on a grill rack over the open fire.
- Are your wrapping skills Pintrest worthy or ‘Lets use a gift bag’ worthy ?
I’m a pretty good wrapper as long as I have time and allowed to get on with it without interference. I don’t go overboard though and I’m not into ‘trendy’ expensive paper, kids don’t care what the paper looks like, and it all ends up in shreds in the bin.
- All time favourite Christmas song ?
Christmas songs should all be banned before the 1st December, my favourite is Fairytale of New York, The Pogues and Kirsty McColl.
- Have you ever made a snowman ?
Yes, many times. The last one was a few years ago now though. I’m not sure it’ll get cold enough for snow this year.
I’m not going to tag anyone, as everyone is busy at this time of year, but feel free to participate if you wish.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to you all.