Thank you to the wonderful Mrs Craft for the nomination. It’s lovely to be nominated and to have such good support from other bloggers out there.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post created.
My blog started because of a bucket list idea in work (50 things) A bucket list made to add some fun, excitement and focus into my life. Blogging was on that list. It’s been almost a year since I started and it’s been a bit of a roller-coaster, but I’m glad I stuck with it because the inspiration, support and feedback has been amazingly helpful.
My advice would be…
- Write a diary or keep a notebook for a few weeks beforehand and jot down ideas. Plan ahead a little. Let your blog flow until you find your voice and feet. You might plan only to focus on one area but then find yourself writing about lots of other things and that’s fine.
- Be realistic about timescales. Don’t worry about setting a schedule, blog as often as you feel comfortable and don’t worry if you skip a few days or weeks. Everyone has a life and finding time to write about it isn’t always possible. Blogging should be fun, not another stress in your life.
Saying all that I’d encourage everyone to have a go, it’s quick and simple to set up and the support you receive is well worth it.
Here’s a few bloggers I follow and would like to nominate.
Emma Jane Goode – for allotmenting and self-sufficiency.
Becky at In Becky’s Head – for books, movies and life blogs.
Allotmentals plot 103 – for allotmenting and growing.
Handknitted Yorkshire – for knitting and other stuff.
Isn’t She Crafty – Card making and other crafty things.
Devouring Books and Lattes – Book reviews and challenges.
Storytelling cook – Food, recipes and life.
Crops and crafts – Lifestyle, allotment and crochet.
Please have a look at these wonderful blogs and come and join the fun.