Well we’re six months in and I’m not even half way through. I’ve been rubbish with reading this year, I can’t seem to settle or concentrate for long enough. I can happily pick up my allotment handbook and veg growing guides to flick through but have struggled with ‘proper’ books. I have still been listening to the audio books and even Oscar is enjoying them.
So here we go ….
- A book with more than 500 pages –
- A book with a number in the title – Three wishes – Liane Moriarty
- A book by a female author – Then she was gone – Lisa Jewell
- A popular authors first book –
- A book with non-human characters –
- A book set somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit –
- A book from your childhood –
- A book with a colour in the title –
- A graphic novel –
- A book by an author you’ve never read before – The cellar – Minettte Walters
- A book you own but have never read – The casual vacancy – J K Rowling
- A book that was originally written in another language – The Leopard – Jo Nesbo
- A book from an author you love but haven’t read – The hypnotist’s love story – Liane Moriarty
- A book with bad reviews –
So far 6 out of 14 completed, not great but better than I thought. I have ideas for 1,4,7 and 8 but I’m struggling with number 14, any ideas would be appreciated also 5 and 9.
Just a thought but would the audio books but acceptable for this challenge ? or would it be cheating because it’s not ‘actual’ reading.
I would like to complete this years challenge as I didn’t manage to complete 2016 or 2017 although both had around 26 books to choose, find and read.